Last week I went to Open House for Jenna (while Steve and Seth were at Titans practice). I was able to meet her homeroom teacher - who is also her writing, English and Science teacher. She rotates to two other teachers for Math and Social Studies but because of the way the evening was structured I was not able to meet them. Jenna is on safety patrol this year. The school gives fifth graders an opportunity to be on safety patrol for one semester to help keep carpool line flowing smoothly and to help with crowd control in the hallways. Jenna and her friend are assigned to an outdoor path that leads to the portables.
On Tuesday of this week Steve and I (with Jenna tagging along) went to open house for Seth. I am very impressed with the high school (so far!). The principal is in his second year at IHS and is very enthusiastic - with the students being the main focus of the teachers and administration. We were able to follow Seth's schedule and meet all if his teachers. He starts the day with biology, followed by band, honors world history, heath science education, honors English and Algebra I. I am most excited about the health science education class Seth is taking. This is the core class that students need if they are going to take the medical field track throughout their high school career. The teacher is a former athletic trainer for a local high school. At the end of the school year Seth will be first aid and CPR certified. He will also be given opportunities to job shadow this year.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment