Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a busy Labor Day weekend. It began Friday evening in Brentwood for an away football game. It was my first time chaperoning with the band - it was fun. I even got to wear a bright flourescent green t-shirt that on the back reads, "I'm With the Band". Stylin'! Steve, Jenna and Sharon were at the game also. Since my only chaperoning duty was putting plumes on hats before halftime and removing them after halftime, I was able to sit with them for most of the game. Unfortunately IHS lost another one - 24-21 when Brentwood kicked a field goal with 4 seconds left in the game.


Saturday was busy with us all doing different things -Seth caught up on sleep, I did grocery shopping and band treasurer duties, Steve worked at the build-out for the church and Jenna went to gymnastics and then helped at the buildout. (She came home and informed me that she used a power tool - thankfully she still has all ten fingers.) Of course we found time to watch college football. In the evening we went out for dinner to Applebee's (because they have TV's and we could watch college football).


Sunday was our typical church day with church at 10:00. Seth goes out for lunch with the youth group and they have their meeting from 1:30-3:30. We have small group at 5:00 on Sunday evenings.


Today is Labor Day. Once again Steve worked at the build-out for the church. Jenna and I went to Lowe's and got some mums that were on sale and a drywall patch kit to fix the hole that her heel put into the wall at the bottom of the steps back in August. (She had too much momentum going sliding down the stairs in her sleeping bag and her heel went thru the wall.) Jenna and I worked in the yard and also put on the Upper Case Living welcome sign on the front door as well as her name above her bedroom door. (The stencil on the door came out a little crooked. Oops!) Seth made his famous dixie burgers for dinner tonight. Yummo! And you'll never guess what we're doing tonight......watching more college football!

Here are pics of the labor that Jenna and I did on Labor Day.

Sometimes it's hard to put up fall decorations when it's 90° and humid. Jenna and I found the basket of mums at Lowe's for just $2.00 (basket and flowers). With a little TLC and plant food it'll be looking great in no time.


I forgot to take a before picture. Jenna did most of the work herself since she is now a semi-pro construction worker from all the work she's done at the church build-out.


Jenna did a much better job of putting her name above her door than I did putting the Welcome sign on the front door. Oh, well....if you ever come to visit us, just tilt your head sideways as you walk up the steps......and remember, you're always welcome at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment